Hi! Welcome! If you’re new to this blog please visit the About page to learn what the purpose of this blog is! ❤
Banana Greek Yogurt Muffins
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C All purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 C canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 ripe bananas
1 C chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2) Mash ripe bananas (see tip below).
3) Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4) Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, do not over mix! If adding nuts mix them into the batter at this step as well.
5) Fill muffin cups 1/2 – 3/4 full with batter.
6) Place in oven and cook for approximately 17-22 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure they are cooked through.
7) Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Makes about 20 medium sized muffins at approx. 150kcal per muffin.
Mashing the bananas! I place the peeled bananas into a ziplock bag and just mash them with my hands until they’re liquid with a few small lumps. Once mashed you can cut the corner off with scissors and squeeze the contents into your liquid ingredient bowl mess free!
Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately first
Then mix the dry into the wet until there are no dry spots but its’ still somewhat lumpy. Over mixing will make the muffins less soft and fluffy!
Then fill your muffin cups. Filling them 100% will cause them to overflow in the oven, so don’t fill them all of the way up.